On Demand Class- Proposal Lessons Learned: We Made the Mistakes So You Don’t Have To
Jim McCarthy, Principal Owner and Technical Director and Greg McCarthy, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Office of AOC Key Solutions, Inc. lead this high-energy and interactive class “Proposal Lessons Learned- We Made the Mistakes So You Don’t Have To” through our Government Contracting Institute. The McCarthys demonstrate the art and science of proposal development in Government Contracting (GovCon) while exploring the myths and misperceptions surrounding government proposals.
You will learn the lessons from proposal mistakes made by those who preceded you! Catalog red flags and warning signs that signify trouble ahead. You will also understand and identify what separates an excellent proposal from an average submission.
During this class, you will develop an understanding of the importance of RFP compliance on impacting contracting award decisions. You will also receive TIPS on how to maximize proposal evaluation points by making your proposal “evaluator-friendly.” Grasp why “small” does not automatically equate with “amateur” and examine strategies – both failed and successful – for penetrating the market and grow your market share. You will come away understanding the “state-of-the-art” in industry best practices for proposal development as well as an ability to interact and interrogate our experts until you achieve the best understanding that will help your firm achieve a competitive advantage.
In this on-demand training you will learn
- Common Myths and Misperceptions in Government Proposals. Learning Outcome: why things in the GovCon proposal business are often not what they seem.
- The Most Common Proposal Mistakes. Learning Outcome: avoid traps and pitfalls that sabotage your proposal and your chances of winning.
- Red Flags and Warning Signs that Your Proposal Is in Trouble. Learning Outcome: avoid self-deception and group think that will sink your effort.
- Lessons Learned from 30 Years in Government Contracting Market. Learning Outcome: we made the mistakes so you don’t have to.
- Strategies and Tactics for Entry, Growth and Prosperity in GovCon. Learning Outcome: how to enter—grow—prosper in GovCon, even in a tough market.
- Proposal Best Practices for Small to Midsize Government Contractors. Learning Outcome: equip you with a tool box of proposal development techniques that will simplify even the most difficult proposal challenges.
Topics and Key Take-a-Ways
- Gain understanding on barriers to GovCon entry or expansion.
- How to operate in a constrained market.
- Avoid “shooting yourself in the foot.”
- Understand the “right” way and “wrong” way to write proposals.
- If you are a smaller firm, how to NOT appear “amateur.”
- Keys to proposal success.
Who Should Have This Training Available 24/7 ?
Ideal for government contractors (small to mid-size), individuals or firms seeking entry or expansion into the government contracting (GovCon) market.
Jim McCarthy’s career spans 30 years of marketing and proposal development support to companies seeking to enter the government market or to expand their market shares. As Principal Owner and Technical Director of AOC Key Solutions, Inc (KSI), his leadership has forged an organization that is the first consulting firm of its kind that a senior executive turns to when faced with a “must win” government contract opportunity, or when failure is not an option.
His government contracting expertise includes information technology, energy and environment, infrastructure operations, design build, and a variety of new and emerging market sectors. His specialties include: 1) providing leadership and strategic capture advice to senior executives charged with the responsibility of winning major contracts (“win-coaching”); and 2) developing compelling value propositions and coherent storylines which resonate with government evaluators and maximize point scoring of proposals. An excellent writer, he is frequently called on to craft powerful executive summaries or other key documents in pursuit of government contracts valued from tens of millions of dollars to a several billion dollars. For Jim’s complete bio – click here.
Greg McCarthy is the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of AOC Key Solutions, Inc. He has more than 25 years of sales management, marketing, business development, capture and proposal experience. As Executive Vice President and COO, Mr. McCarthy is responsible for managing company operations and overseeing the high degree of customer satisfaction that KSI’s clients expect. Mr. McCarthy has experience in virtually every role of the capture and bid and proposal process. For Greg’s complete bio – click here.